Finally an antenna designed for both VHF and AIS!
This antenna is specially designed by Vesper Marine to be used with our Antenna Splitter. Up until now you’ve had to choose an AIS-tuned antenna that is optimized for the AIS frequencies but has lower performance for your VHF radio. Or you could choose an antenna that is designed for VHF radio communications but isn’t optimal for AIS. Either of those works but we’ve got a better solution.
We’ve created an antenna that solves this dilemma. It has two key features that combine to make it ideal for use with our antenna splitter:
- Wide bandwidth of 6 MHz means it will cover 3 MHz above and below the center point
- 159 MHz center frequency gives excellent performance for VHF radio (156 MHz) and AIS (162 MHz)
The result is an antenna with superior performance over other designs. It has less than 1.5:1 VSWR at 156 MHz all the way up to 162 MHz with other VHF or AIS antennas you’ll only get low VSWR at one end of the frequency band but not both.
We’ve put all of this into the same physical package as our most popular antenna. It’s perfect for installations where the lowest possible windage is a requirement. A detachable cable makes installation and maintenance easier and allows for any length cable to be used. It easily mounts on a mast but is also suitable for mounting most anywhere with its included L-bracket. Example mounting locations from our customers are alongside solar panels, Bimini sides, on an arch, above a radar, or along the edge of a cabin top. The L-bracket can be removed allowing for even greater mounting flexibility.
- Specially designed 1.0m stainless steel antenna
- Easily replaceable stainless steel whip if it gets lost or damaged
- Optimized for sharing between VHF radio and AIS transponder
- Includes SO239 socket & mounting bracket
- Perfect for masthead or installations where the L-bracket suits
- Easily adapted to most any installation configuration
- Detachable cable allows for any length to be used